St. Frideswide's Shrine at Christ Church Cathedral, Oxford, UK.
The cathedral was originally the church of St Frideswide's Priory and located on the site of a monastery founded by St Frideswide, the patron saint of Oxford. St Frideswide was abbess of the monastery until her death around AD 727.
In 1546 the monastic church became the cathedral church of the Oxford diocese, at the same time as it was being absorbed into Christ Church College after it was taken over by King Henry VIII. It is now both a cathedral and a college chapel.
St. Frideswide's shrine, in the Latin Chapel, overlooked by a 19th-century stained glass window designed by Pre-Raphaelite master Edward Burne-Jones. The shrine dates mainly to 1289 and is a magnificent example of 13th-century carving.